Forums » CLB Anh & Em

re that goes, people vie

• 1850 posts
    October 11, 2017 8:24 PM PDT

MILWAUKEE -- With slim hopes of avoiding the NBAs worst record, the Milwaukee Bucks are making the most of their late-season opportunity. Michael Floyd Jersey . Chris Wright, in the midst of his second 10-day contract, scored an energetic 14 points off the bench to help the Bucks hold off the Cleveland Cavaliers 119-116 on Friday night. The victory moved the Bucks to within two games of Philadelphia with three games remaining for each team. The 76ers lost at Memphis earlier in the night. "I said before, Chris is a guy that I really liked on that first 10 days," said Bucks coach Larry Drew. "It was tough getting rid of him. He did some really good things. He played well. Hes got a tremendous spirit about him when hes out on the floor. " Dion Waiters had 23 points for Cleveland, while Jarrett Jack added 21 and Tristan Thompson 18. Starting guards Brandon Knight scored 24 points and Ramon Sessions added 20 for the Bucks, who also got 15 points and six rebounds from reserve forward John Henson. Knights jumper from the right wing put the Bucks up for good at 107-106 with 4:09 remaining. Two free throws by Kyrie Irving pulled the Cavaliers to 111-110, but a basket by Khris Middleton and two free throws by Zaza Pachulia put the Bucks ahead five with 1:44 remaining. "Obviously with the moment with us, that we are in, being eliminated from the playoffs , guys struggle with the whole, We are playing for nothing type thoughts," Jack said. "You are playing against a team who has struggled all season. But you have to tip your cap to them. They came out regardless of what their record was and played the necessary basketball to get the win tonight." The 6-foot-8 Wright, undrafted out of Dayton in 2011, spent most of this season with the Maine Red Claws of the D-League, averaging 19.5 points and 8.1 rebounds in 38 games. His only other NBA stint was 24 games with Golden State in the final half of the 2011-12 season, when he averaged 2.9 points and 1.9 rebounds. "Just staying ready, and knowing when your number is called, youve got to be ready," said Wright. "Thats what coach always tells me: When I put you in there, go out there and bring energy, you play defence, you run the floor. Now, with me being here, thats my role on this team, to go out there and bring energy." Milwaukee trailed 69-62 at the half, but Knight scored seven points to pace a 10-0 run that put the Bucks up 90-86 with 1:47 left in the third quarter. Cleveland scored the first nine points of the fourth quarter to take a 96-92 lead on Jacks 3-pointer. The Bucks led 37-32 after the first quarter, surpassing their previous season high of 36 points in the opening period. Wright was 4 for 4 in the first quarter, including a couple of alley-oop dunks. "I thought his athleticism the first half was very needed," Drew said. "He got out on a couple of breaks and we were able to get him a couple of lobs. He has that ability." Waiters scored 11 points to lead a 19-2 run by Cleveland midway through the second period. Jacks 3 put the Cavaliers up 55-41 with 6:26 left in the half. There are a lot of areas during the course of the game where we did not play good basketball," Cavaliers coach Mike Brown said. "Give Milwaukee credit, but I tell you what we did not play the game the right way to start the game and we did not play the right way to finish the first half." Bucks forward Jeff Adrien, averaging 10 points and seven rebounds since being acquired in a trade with Charlotte in February, is another player making the most of increased late-season playing time. "This trades a blessing in disguise," said Adrien, who had a team-high nine rebounds against the Cavs. "The outcomes are not what I was used to in Charlotte every game, but I think the effort is there and thats what matters for us." NOTES: Although G Waiters has moved back into the Cavaliers starting lineup, Brown believes Waiters should still be in the running for Sixth Man of the Year. "He should deserve some credit, some recognition for Sixth Man of the Year," Brown said. "He was giving us a big lift coming off the bench. He can be effective in a lot of different roles for a team. Obviously, hes been effective for us as a starter, but he was huge for us coming off the bench throughout the course of the season. Hopefully, hell get recognition for it." ... Irving entered the game averaging 26.4 against the Bucks, his most against any opponent, but he was held to just 12 points. ... The Cavaliers became just the fifth team to lose two games to the Bucks this season. The Lakers, 76ers, Celtics and Magic are the only other teams the Bucks have beaten twice this season. Kyle Rudolph Jersey .Y. -- Florida Panthers captain Ed Jovanovski finally has something to show for all the pain he went through in overcoming a string of injuries that kept him sidelined for much of the past two years. Paul Krause Jersey . -- Augusta James of Bath, Ont.TORONTO - When a season doesnt go as planned, a team drastically underperforms on expectations, inevitably the time comes when a player-media spat makes its way into the public realm. If you had July 4 in your office pool, congratulations. Hours after going on a Toronto radio station Thursday morning to call into question the persistent criticism hes received from broadcast analysts and former major leaguers Gregg Zaun and Dirk Hayhurst, J.P. Arencibia stood by his comments before a large media horde at Rogers Centre. "I said what I felt," said Arencibia. "I said what I said this morning and I dont regret anything. I think that, again, I feel like me, myself and my teammates feel the same way. "Part of you guys is to be critical," he continued. "Youre not going to talk about every good thing. Youre not going to talk about this guy running the ball out hard. Youre not going to talk about the "sexy" things about the game. Obviously, controversy and negativity is sometimes part of the job. I think that was my point and I feel like I said what I needed to say." Zaun, a former catcher who played for the Blue Jays from 2004-2008, and Hayhurst, who pitched for Toronto in 2009, have regularly criticized Arencibias handling of the pitching staff, his defence and his offensive approach. Entering Thursdays series finale versus Detroit, Arencibias .216 batting average ranked 152nd out of 157 major league players with enough plate appearances to qualify. His .244 on base percentage ranked last among 158 qualified hitters. Arencibias 15 home runs leads all major league catchers but eight of them came in April, as did 16 of his 38 RBI. His WAR rating, which calculates a players value to his team above a minor league replacement, is 0.2. Defensively, Arencibia leads the majors in passed balls (10). Analysts in Toronto and elsewhere have opined on his pitch-framing abilities and his game-calling. Arencibia is a work in progress, hell admit as much, and says hes among the first to arrive and last to leave the ballpark. Whether its watching video or poring over scouting reports, Arencibia says hes constantly preparing. Behind the plate, Arencibia is a workhorse, having caught all but two games not sstarted by R. Teddy Bridgewater Jersey. .A. Dickey. The knuckleballer has a personal catcher, first Henry Blanco and now Josh Thole, otherwise its likely Arencibia would have played in some of those games. "Im not going to sit here and say Im excited or should be patted in the toosh for what Ive done but I also think there are a lot of things that go unsaid," said Arencibia. "Its just unjust sometimes. I think, obviously, were not where we wanted to be. The season hasnt gone with the high expectations and that stuff but I think theres nothing specific. Its over a period of time I was making a point of what was being said." After suggesting that because Zaun and Hayhurst played professional baseball, they should have a better understanding of the daily rigours, Arencibia called on both to become more accessible to the players. "I was able to talk to Dirk today," said Arencibia. "I told him, you know hey, you can say what you want to say. Just be around the guys more. Come in. Why was it the first time that youve shown face, today, when something was said? Thats my point. They were both on the other side of the game, they both understand the way it works, I understand its part of their job. Again, why is it the first time that they come around? Why arent they around our team? Probably because theres a little bit more to that." "You never see either one of them, thats a fact," said manager John Gibbons, who identified Arencibia as the clubs "whipping boy". "Where that goes, people view that as gutless. If youre going to write things, you show up. Thats just the way it is, thats how these guys view that stuff. If youre going to take your digs, youve at least got to be around. Thats the way (the players) think." Arencibia is 27-years old but still hasnt hit the three-year anniversary of his major league debut. Highly touted, he made a splash in his debut on August 7, 2010. In that game, a 17-11 win over Tampa Bay, Arencibia went 4-5 with two home runs and three RBI. It seemed the great expectation was set from the get-go. Now, while he struggles for a prolonged period of time, his ceiling has come into question. Kind of like the Blue Jays, version 2013, isnt it? Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '